FILM DIRECTION COURSES
Our Film Direction Course is an intensive program which covers a comprehensive range of film making proficiencies including writing, producing, directing, editing and cinematography. It is designed to allow the student a successful transition from the campus to the world of films, television or video production.
An intensive course in the heart of Pune, the Film Direction course trains to a professional level in a full range of Film Direction skills. Students leave with a portfolio of directing, cinematography, editing, producing and sound credits on films. Learning is based around short film production. Each term these film exercises become more technically sophisticated, more considered and more complex in their ambitions. The institute specifies the skill base for each exercise, providing the equipment and training students to new levels in each of the various craft skills. Students make all aesthetic decisions, while solving problems similar to those faced by professional units, on a steeply increasing slope of difficulty. The work is constantly assessed and critiqued.
The program also includes an option of structured internship for merit holding students. In the program our esteemed faculty guides the students to develop his or her individual style of story telling and film making, with their own sense of narration & perspectives. This course gives insights into Direction of Documentaries , Corporate Films , Ad Films & Music Videos.
Flim Direction Curriculum
- Film History
- Image projection
- Story Boarding & Ground Planning.
- Visual medium: Optical, Analog, Digital
- Pre-Production, Production and Post-Production skills
- Tools of Screenwriting- Character, Conflict & Structure.
- Imagination & Visualization
- Visual sense: Frames, Rules of framing and composition
- Types of shots & angles, Camera movements.
- Depth of Field, Perspective.
- Understand lighting & Composition.
- ontinuity of Space & Time.
- Pre production for Director: Charts, Shooting script, Shot division, Master shot, Insert
- Concept of Misc-en-Scene.
- Casting and working with Actors
- Vocabulary & Jargonused in the Film Industry
- Production Design, Sound Design and handling Post-production
- Documentary Films / Music-video / Ad-films
- Insights about marketing, distribution & career development in Films and TV.Film Appreciation & Analysis
- The Comprehensive program preps students to seek basis of editing, sound, art direction, costuming, post-production organizing and pre-production presentations and making demo films
- Applicant should have cleared Primary School
- Duration: 3 Months / 6 Months / 1 Year